People, changing one’s website is way harder than competent people would have you believe.
Here’s where I am:
1) Changing the presentation of Pretty All True so that it works more as an author website and less as a personal blog (although there will still be a blog component … trust me).
2) Changing some of the descriptions and keywords in the Amazon material associated with Hope Lies in Less in hopes of attracting a few new purchasers/readers (with thanks to Rod for the kick in the ass).
3) Related to #2 … dedicating myself to being a pain in the ass and poking at people I know have read Hope Lies in Less in hopes of moving those readers to post a short review on Amazon. The goal is to reach 50 reviews by January 1st, 2016 … I currently have 30. Looking at you, Debby and Axel and Susan and David and Taylor and Issa and Gary. Yes, that’s right … I’m calling you out. Love you.
4) Related to #3 … I am giving away eight copies of Hope Lies in Less … to non-readers of Pretty All True. Do you know someone I don’t know who you think would enjoy my writing? YAY! I will be in touch with the first eight commenters on this post (or more if it turns out people comment but then cannot imagine anyone they know who would enjoy my words). And yes, this does mean that I trust that you will not just give me your own personal address … I am looking for NEW readers. Limited to the continental United States … Sorry, Alaska and Hawaii.
5) Working on final proofing of that thing I scribble-hinted at the other day. It should be available for pre-order next Tuesday (October 5th) as I bring the new website live.
6) Will be reaching out to a few of you … looking for people to commit to reading and reviewing this new thing of mine in the weeks before it is published.
6) The new thing? Its name is Fightball: Dying of Suck, and it … is … awesome.
(All eight copies are spoken for … thank you, everyone!)